Friday, August 23, 2013

How to get a torch light on your blackberry for free?

Note: This will only work with blackberries which have a flash. I'm sure this one works on a 7.1 OS device but it should work on 6.x and 5.x device as well.

Well I had been searching for a flashlight/torch app that I could use with my blackberry 9320. Many of them were trial versions and some I was afraid were collecting too much information or needed permission to access the internet.

Finally I found an app that does a lot of things and a flashlight feature built in. Its called Advanced OS and LED. Its a nice app. But while using the app I found that you don't need one to use the torch. There is a setting by which I can not only use the flashlight but assign one of the side keys to launch it too.

Here's the secret that the flashlight app makers don't want u to know. Just open the "video camera" and go to "options". It will have the setting for "video light". Check the box. Now everytime you open the video camera you'll have the flash turn on. Close it to go off.

Now if you want to assign a side button just assign it for video camera and you'll get a handy torch light

Don't want to use the side button? You can always go to the media menu (in OS 7.x) or shift the video camera to the home menu (4.x and 5.x). OR in 6.x and 7.x you can use the universal search feature and just type "video" or "camera" to get to the app.

Let me know if it works for you.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

India Gadget Search Headline Animator

Indian Deal of the Day Headline Animator